My CAPS fanatic friend Christy and I went to Hockey ‘n Heels, a guaranteed fun annual event hosted by the CAPS for female fans at Kettler Capitals Iceplex. The format each year is basically the same, but the players who attend and the information shared during the sessions changes.
Highlights from this year’s event included:
- On-ice demonstration with Goalie Justin Peters (35) and an opportunity to catch and shoot pucks with CAPS alumni
- Meeting and posing with Tom Wilson (43) and trying on an official Winter Classic jersey
- Strength and conditioning demo and Q&A in the players’ fitness center with Mark Nemish, strength & conditioning coach for the team; Robert Wood, head chef of Eco Caters, who provides healthy meals to the CAPS; and basic exercise drills with Michael Latta (46)
- Equipment session in the CAPS locker room with Brock Myles, head equipment manager — he shared super cool background information about what it takes to dress each player, ordering of equipment/brands specific to each player, tailoring uniforms and more!
- Q&A with Barry Trotz, head coach, who discussed his style of coaching and hopes for the team